Not very common but an authentic Gujarati snack “Gotta” – Methi ke pakode , goes very well with tea. Till date I’ve never tried this of my own but have loved the flavor and aroma of fresh methi leaves pakoda’s – fried by a small tea stall near to my college campus. The recipe is simple and it hardly takes 30 mins.
- 1/2 cup chopped fenugreek
- 6 tbsp lentil flour (besan)
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- pinch of garam masala(optional)
- salt according to taste
- warm water
- Oil for frying
- Chaat masala
– Heat oil in pan on medium heat.
1. Mix fenugreek, lentil flour, rice flour, ginger & chillies.
2. Add spices like turmeric powder, chilli powder , salt & garam masala.
3. Make proper consistency like dumbling with warm water.
4. Add baking soda and mix well. Finally drop small dumplings into oil & turn the dumbling when it is golden brown.
Sprinkle chaat masala on the hot pakoda’s and serve it with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney.